CSS & Form Fields

kwilliams

I have pure CSS menus for our site, and they work great. But they don't load in front of the form fields on the page. My old JavaScript menu did the same thing. I remember asking about this a few years ago, and I also remember someone saying that it's because since the CSS and JavaScript load before the HTML on a web page, they have priority in the scheme of things. Am I correct, or is there another reason for this? Also, is there a fix for this somewhere, or is it not possible to fix? Thanks for any clarification.

I have pure CSS menus for our site, and they work great. But they don't load in front of the form fields on the page. My old JavaScript menu did the same thing. I remember asking about this a few years ago, and I also remember someone saying that it's because since the CSS and JavaScript load before the HTML on a web page, they have priority in the scheme of things. Am I correct, or is there another reason for this? Also, is there a fix for this somewhere, or is it not possible to fix? Thanks for any clarification.

I don't understand what you mean by that... are you saying that your menu is not loading on top of your form fields? O_o? A link to your site or your code would help.... or that your menu is not loading above of your form fields? If that's the case make sure that your menu is above the <form> tag and not inside of it.

• 1 year later...
<span style='font-family:Lucida Console'>I don't understand what you mean by that... are you saying that your menu is not loading on top of your form fields? O_o? A link to your site or your code would help.... or that your menu is not loading above of your form fields? If that's the case make sure that your menu is above the <form> tag and not inside of it.</span>
Hallelujah! I've found an answer by looking at one of the sources of my CSS menu...suckerfish. And it works great.Here's an article on how to do exactly what I needed: http://tanny.ica.com/ICA/TKO/tkoblog.nsf/d...p-in-ie-part-ii...and here's an example page that they created to show how it works: http://tanny.ica.com/ICA/TKO/test.nsf/####.../examplefix.htm This solution uses the iframe method mentioned previously in this post, while allowing only part of the select menu to be hidden. Hopefully this will help other developers in the future. Thanks for all of your help.