Masking Date Input Box

raviprakashg

Masking it makes me think he wants it hidden. The only way to hide data so that it appears as an asterisk or a solid dot is to set the input field as password.

<input type="password">

Masking it makes me think he wants it hidden. The only way to hide data so that it appears as an asterisk or a solid dot is to set the input field as password.
<input type="password">

Linux and Unix and Networking use the term 'mask' as a format, something to 'overlay' to make the object conform to the proper format.Not sure if that is what he meant either??? Just a guessing game right now :)

Ok,I want to Control User to Feed the date as MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS AM/PMthe InPut Box will be Like This "--/--/----/ --:--:-- --" this is Like Phone No. Input Boxi came to know that the is can be done thur JSi Hope u guy can Understand Now.

why not just make 3 input boxes likemonth:(input box) day:(input box) year:(box) then use maxlengh for the number of characters they will need. than validate it at the end so the number of characters they need to type to make a valid day or year or month are in

You could build a 24 hour clock and let the user select a time :)

<script>document.write('Time: <select>');for(i=0;i<=23;i++){  for(j=0;j<=59;j++)  {    var hourz="";    var minutz="";    if(i<10){hourz=0;};    if(j<10){minutz=0;};    document.write('<option value="'+hourz+i+':'+minutz+j+'">'+hourz+i+':'+minutz+j);  }}document.write('<\/select>');</script>