My first website

gfx42

So after getting addicted to Gimp & Photoshop almost a month ago, I figured it be cool to dabble in some actual web design.I started to learn basic html & css 4 days ago.I've created a static website for now.The content is lacking, it's basically just a skeleton template at the moment.But iam enjoying myself alot hand coding this template/site from scratch aswell as creating the images. GFX42.COM

Edited by gfx42
  • Like 1

It's true purpose will serve later on to showcase some of my image manipulation abilities if I actually get "good" at it. Cool speed art etc. As of now, the site is just a learning experience for me.I didn't need to host it to practice html & css, but thought it be cool to learn another process of web making. Aquiring a domain & hosting it, using ftp etc. At any rate thankyou for checking it out, glad you thought it was nice =D.

Maybe think about flexibility of the main content area if you have long copy. Eg. you have designed the main area as a fixed space - you will be always limited to a certain word count. I can see you use iframe on another page - technically iframes are sometimes not liked by by assessibility gurus as they stop book marking and produce horrid scroll bars.

Maybe think about flexibility of the main content area if you have long copy. Eg. you have designed the main area as a fixed space - you will be always limited to a certain word count. I can see you use iframe on another page - technically iframes are sometimes not liked by by assessibility gurus as they stop book marking and produce horrid scroll bars.
Thanks for the advice. The site was made out of boredom. I got an itch to learn basic html & css, and also thought it'd be cool to have a place I could showcase some images. I agree, a scaling/dynamic (or w/e) website would be cool. At the moment I'm done tinkering with the site.It was just something to do. cheers