Sign in to follow this  
bigbavarian

Auto populate form dropdown field

Hello Everyone, I am new to learning how to code xslt and was wondering if someone has some code to share that will take the values of a XML file to auto populate a dropdown field in a form. I have it workign with th epreset options but if someone adds a new value to the table I need to manually add it to the form. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks, Stephen

I am getting closer. I am ablr to see all the items in a dropdown but there are two issues I can still use some help with. 1. It shows all ever single item even duplicated. I would like to limit it to only showing unique values.2. When I select, it in the form, it is not passing the value. I cannot figure out how to incorporate that I know how to do it in html but not with the combination of the two.

<TD width= "75">		 <select style='width:225px;' name='Business' id='Business'>		 <option selected="selected" value="">All</option>		 <xsl:for-each select="ViewAll/ROW">		 <option><xsl:value-of select="SC_DF_FIELD_6"/></option>		 </xsl:for-each>		  </select>	    </TD>  

I know the lise in HTMP should be something like the following.

<option value='TimeWarner'>TimeWarner</option>

Any suggestions? Stephen