Garphic designer collaboration

birbal

Is it possible to get some graphic designer to work with me in my projects to make the design just in PSD? If i do that all i am loosing focus on my domain and it is hard to manage the time.all of my work is for getting experience and building a portfolio to get a web developer job later after completing my study. Till now neither i have any commercial projects nor any revenue.I don't know it is possible or not to get someone whom aim is like me or any graphic art student. I am not involved in any other forums other than this. So i posted here if i find get any pointers or help or anyone interested.it seems wired to me to open a account in any graphic designer forum just to ask that. I don't have any time limits,and credit will be given to them for the design,it will not be used in any commercial purpose or any profit other than my portfolio enhancement (credited design to them). in any case in future of economical benifits or commercial use of their works i shall pay for their work if they want. any feddbacks are welcome.

Edited by birbal

If I was you I might make contact with design departments in colleges and universities that met some kind of criteria I would develop. I'd make contact with relevant instructors, student groups and individual students. Designers I know have weak or non-existent coding skills so I think you'd have a lot to offer them.

Edited by niche

It just occurred to me small advertising agencies, smaller printers, photographers, and smaller architectural firms would be interested in your offer. I'd pick two or three cities where I think (or know) I'd like to live and prospect these categories also. You're bound to find a lot of interest.

Thanks for your inputs niche. Unfortunately i cant remember any contacts or friend from art lines. I will reconsider it again. as graphic designer i meant for making PSD file (photoshop documents) . no involvement of html,css or js involvement just the templates in PSD.

It just occurred to me small advertising agencies, smaller printers, photographers, and smaller architectural firms would be interested in your offer
how ad aegencies and others will be interested in it?

I had to look up PSD before I responded to your OP. Anyway, most of the people (certainly not all), in my #2 & #3, are posers. They haven't (or can't) quite bring themselves to understand that form and function have merged. Your big advantage is that there aren't nearly as many people that know what you know compared to the people that can just make something look pretty. Agencies, printers, photographers, architects and even colleges and universities don't own what you know. If they did, recent grads wouldn't still be asking "do you have any openings" instead of realizing all potential employers want to know is can they consistently gross two to six times their salary. Likewise, most of these other small businesses know they've lost their way, but aren't sure how, or how to get back on track. Hyper-competition is a horrible thing when you don't think you have competition and when you think you only have two or three competitors. I've read your posts. I think you probably have what it takes to produce new certainties for these people just by communicating to them that your code will let them do in minutes and hours what, up to recently, would have taken them months and years to accomplish. Believe me. Their need has never been greater especially with architects because they're supposed to be all about design except their view of design is exceedingly traditional.

Edited by niche

thanks again for showing the possible ways, i will look forward on it soon. for now i have found some free psd templates which will be well enough for now with little edits. still much better than spending time on thinking the design from the scratch.

Edited by birbal

i had googled "free psd templates for web" and through some articles i had came into some devianart and themeforest artist/student's ids

Edited by birbal