I don't like your books and bad customer service

Tony-Webb

I received my book html and css from Amazon.co.uk. I was very unhappy with the content. Amongst other things I did think the book was a print out of all the lessons contained in your website. Which it is not. I also tried to contact your customer services (which you don't have) and to give you a chance to resolve the issue before I published my review on amazon.co.uk. Failing that I tried to contact you via this forum and my opinion is that your forum is as hard to register to use as it is to get into Fort Noxx. It took 6 attempts to get the correct CAPTCHaA and the listening version is terrible. Having finally climbed mount Everest and been able to register I then had to wait morre than 2 days for you to approve my registratioin. As it's obvious that you detest communicating with your customers I decided to post the following review into amazon.co.uk I've thrown the book away as it would cost me more to return it than what I paid for it. The book stinks! There is 1 chapter on CSS and at the end of that they suggest that you buy their learn CSS book. Having paid extra for what I thought was both books combined, which is what the title suggests, I now find that I should have bought their CSS book as well.W3 also make it impossible to contact them on their website. You have to contact them through the forum which is almost impossible. It took me 6 attempts to get their CAPTCHA write. Once registered to use their forum you can not post anything until they have vetted your application.I wanted to hear what they had to say about this book as I can't I've thrown it in the bin!Learn HTML and CSS with W3Schools

Edited by Tony-Webb

You're not going to find "the answer" in a book. You'll find many many coding answers by making many many coding mistakes. The whole "learn it before you do it" is so 20th Century. Nothing is static in coding. It might help you to think of coding as a kind of naval gunnery exercise where you are moving, your target (code) is moving, and the sea under (the scripting languages and browser code) you and your target is moving sometimes at different rates! That book wouldn't have much gravitas even if was what you expected.

Edited by niche

For what it's worth, the forum moderators are the ones who approve accounts, not the people who run the site. It's our fault for the 2 day wait, but I'll also say that not even the moderators have any contact with the people who run the site.

In all honesty, the reviews of the book prior to yours also looked pretty bad to begin with. Not sure if you took those into consideration. Plus, reading the table of contents, (albeit the title is misleading) may have alerted you to the lack of CSS coverage in the book.

sorry to say but i wouldnt even go next to that book, it say one thing but inside of it it say something else, if you want a html n css book try the oreily books, plus why would you purchase a book like that? the cover alone tells you stop think dont buy me