<div> & background

OnlyRipper

I read on other sites than this one about divs and they write the code in CSS with: #bg or #content and other sites write them div.bg or div.content I can't understant which is the right way to edit them with css...I have some idexes created by me and i don't know how to make them auto full screenI read again and again the tutorials but i really can't undestand...don't know why -.- please help meThx for you support

This will help: http://www.w3schools...ss_id_class.asp Don't worry about doing it right. Just get it on the screen. "Right" comes from making mistakes. The best coders have probably made an above average number of mistakes and have certainly logged the most hours.

Edited by niche

Until CSS3, a background image is only as big as the actual image file you used. You can choose to repeat it or give it a position.CSS3 has properties that allow you to scale backgrounds:http://www.w3schools...backgrounds.asp Support for CSS3 is growing but I still keep from using a majority of the new properties these days. It seems Internet Explorer 9 supports the new background properties, but personally I still design sites to be supported down to IE7.

hmmm...i see...what dimensions do you use? for an image...to look ok but i still can't understand how i can make someone who is using monitor with 25" to see an image of a site in full screen(auto resized) and someone with 19" monitor can see the same image but resized...xD i know english is bad but somehow this is my question xD

Edited by OnlyRipper

" div.bg " means 'The class ".bg" is set specifically to the 'div' element. For example : If it is 'p.bg' , it means class '.bg' is specifically set to the p element.If you set a single image as a background, it can't be make auto screen, but you can set a 'Gradient Background' as autoscreen size by giving it to ' repeat-x ' in the css property of the background class.