call a hidden jsp file from a html page

Hi, I have a html page (build with xml en xsl). I want to update my database when someone visits the page with the date and url page. I want it to be done when someone visits the page. I want to get track on how many times a page has been visited and when. The user don't have to click on anything, it has to be stored when the page is opening. I thought to do it to add a javascript that update the database, but it is not a good idea because javascript is client based. So I thought a could call a jsp file (where the code is written to update the database) when the html page loads.The problem is that I don't know how to call the jsp file, without loading it in the browser. I find something like this:

<script language="JavaScript"> function updateStats(){ var jspcall="url.jsp" window.location.href=jspcall } </script> 

and then I tried with

<body onload="updateStats()"> 

But then ofcourse the page is loaded. Someone an idea how I could do it properly?

Edited by bigjo
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Try this code.. HTML code:<head><script src="hidden.js" type="text/javascript"></script><.head><body onload="create()"></body> Create a java script file and write below script: var xhr;function create(){if(window.XMLHttpRequest)xhr=new XMLHttpRequest();else if(window.ActiveXObject)xhr=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");}add this to d function for action listener.var url="yourown.jsp?num1="+num1.value+"&num2="+num2.value; xhr.open("GET",url,true); xhr.send(null); U can write ur own code in 'yourown' jsp file.