Modifying Newly Inserted Values

ThePsion5

Hi Guys,I'm writing a PHP function that inserts multiple values into a MySQL database, and then creates a new entry in a different table that references the freshly inserted values. I can't remember how to do this, however. My insert statement looks something like this:

INSERT INTO Clients VALUES(0, 'name','site'), VALUES(0, 'name2', 'site2'), VALUES ('name3', 'site3');

Should I break the queries into individual inserts and then create the reference using New.ID or is there a better way? Thanks in advance!-Sean

You did it kind of wrong.. I would set it up this way:

INSERT INTO `Clients`   VALUES (0, 'name', 'site')  VALUES (0, 'name2', 'site2')  VALUES (0, 'name3', 'site3');

try that..

You did it kind of wrong.. I would set it up this way:
INSERT INTO `Clients`   VALUES (0, 'name', 'site')  VALUES (0, 'name2', 'site2')  VALUES (0, 'name3', 'site3');

try that..

Hah, that does help, doesn't it? What I'm still wondering is if I can get the IDs of the newly inserted values without having to use a select statement to find them again. As in can I avoid having to use a statement like the following:
SELECT ID FROM 'Clients' WHERE Name='name' AND site='site' OR Name='name2' AND site='site2' (and so on...)

Is it possible for me to use NEW here, as in a much easier statement like this one:

select ID from NEW

you could do thisMS SQL

SELECT TOP 3 * FROM Clients ORDER BY ID DESC

MySql

SELECT * FROM Clients ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 3

This only works if ID is unique and increments with each new entry.