sessionID

jimfog

I am using fiddler to see details about the cookies. And here is what has caught my attention. When the user "lands" in the first page and sees the login form I start a session. I notice, in fiddler, the sessionID after 3-4(I do not know about more that that) times the stays the same. I tought/think the sessionID changes every time a session is started. How can the info of fiddler can be explained. We are talking here about only session,nothing to do with persistent login mechanisms.

session id does not change on every request. if you dont have any session already it will start a new session (when you use session_start) if there is session id passed with each request along with request header (cookies sent with header) it resumes to that session id.

Yes,,,I almost forgotten, the sessionID changes whenever you close and reopen the browser. Anyway. do you know where Chrome stores the session cookies? I want to open one and see the session ID in it-thanks.

You can use this, it will display all session variables. With their value

$query_string = "";if ($_SESSION) {  $kv = array();  foreach ($_SESSION as $key => $value) {	$kv[] = "$key=$value";  }  $query_string = join("<br>", $kv);}else {  $query_string = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];}echo $query_string;echo "<br>";

Edited by roy0702

No...I want to open the cookie itself