Portfolio Site Critique

unsaltedkracker

Did you create a new account cause I remember the world of type thing in your portfolio. Few things I noticed! 1) The nav bar, there is no hover effect when you mouse over any of the links. It's a little thing, but causes some people to think it isn't a link when it doesn't react to them in any way. (Cursor doesn't really count).2) Again with the nav bar, only the text is clickable. It would be really nice to be able to click the "Home" block for example instead of just the text "Home".3) Contact page submit button. In my opinion is really ugly. With your talent I'm sure you can do better! Bold text or something could make it look better, but I don't like how it looks right now.4) Something neat that might be cool to add is have your header and footer change to the background-color of the slide your on? For example the work page is white, so have the background-color of the footer and header change to #FFF aswell and change the font color accordingly. (Since your logo is all text :) it's not hard to change at all). This can easily be done with JavaScript, which I'm sure you knew! That's all I have, good job.~Krewe

Just adding my 2d worth. I don't like the way that the content is served from the navigation...to me it just looks very bad seeing the pages scroll past when one goes from one page to another. This interface has a very limited scope. It gets worse the more pages you have. What if you had 1000 pages? Would we have to see hundreds of pages whizz past before getting to the one we wanted? When your site first loads and you hit the home button the home page moves up a little. I validated it. At HTML5 it has 16 errors and 2 warnings...always validate, it will save you much heartache later. I am sure many millions of others will love your site and that's great. I am not one of them...sorry. Apart from that I still like it. Keep banging away you might just have something.

Just adding my 2d worth. I don't like the way that the content is served from the navigation...to me it just looks very bad seeing the pages scroll past when one goes from one page to another. This interface has a very limited scope. It gets worse the more pages you have. What if you had 1000 pages? Would we have to see hundreds of pages whizz past before getting to the one we wanted? When your site first loads and you hit the home button the home page moves up a little. I validated it. At HTML5 it has 16 errors and 2 warnings...always validate, it will save you much heartache later. I am sure many millions of others will love your site and that's great. I am not one of them...sorry. Apart from that I still like it. Keep banging away you might just have something.
I have got to agree with this aswell, basically everything he stated.you are kinda limited. Especially since your webpage will not handle dynamic height, which is no fun to work with/around. You have a great foundation though, now continue and make it even better.My website took me 5months+ to finalize my design and layout of items. I went through 3 completely different design and concepts.It may seem tedious, and it is, but you learn a lot about everything. If you don't like something, fix it. Don't say, well I'll forget it for now, because if you are anything like me once you see something you do like it will eat you up until you fix it. Edited by Krewe

• 2 months later...