Editing andreas06

scottishofedwards

Hello. I'm a bit of a newbie so rather than building a site from scratch I decided to try editing a template. My girlfriend wanted a website for her new business so I said I should be able to do it for her. I found Andreas Viklund's website http://andreasviklund.com/ and showed her the templates. She decided she wanted andreaso6http://andreasviklun...ates/andreas06/so I started editing it using Dreamweaver 8. I then changed something in the code, I'm not sure what and it all went wrong, so I now have to start from scratch. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to edit the template, where to start, what order to do things in etc? Should I edit css first, then the individual pages? I also need to change the colour scheme to grey instead of orange but I can't figure out how. Any help would be much appreciated because I have very little time to get it done and it's been much more difficult than I thought it would be. Thanks in advance David.

Please post your code using the code tags. Generally, we can't really help you until you post your code. FWIW, you'll probably spend almost as much time trying to edit a template than if you built your site yourself and end up twice as satisfied.. IMO. As you're discoving, you have to know something about code just to ask a question. Also, drop the DW and use a text editor like notepadd++. Every poster at this forum is encouraged to just type it out. The big pay off is you'll get more help faster because you'll be able to ask better questions. Since you're new to code, start with html then make it look nice with css. Also, do the html and css tutorials at w3schools.com. You'll need that knowledge even if you use DW.

Edited by niche

I was going to add the CSS code to my post but I'm at work and don't have the code with me. I can add it here in the morning when I get home. I am intending to learn code but as I have very limited time to get this site done my only option was to ask you guys for help.As soon as I get home I'll post the code and if you can help I'll be forever in your debt!!

Just remember that this is a learning site. Help is usually based on being able to demonstrate that you've made an effort to work-out a solution. That demo is always found in your code or lack of it.