Sign in to follow this  
Bunnycorn

Hiding my archive.

Hey. I have an issue that doesn't seem to be covered really anywhere. And I'm not quite sure if it's HTML or CSS. But I normally do HTML because I find it easier, even if it is extra work. Anyway, I'm a student Web Designer, doing a website for my schools robotics team. (Whoo, go Team 3219!) And. Well. i'm a bit odd. I like having archives so I can go back and tell people what I did. But, I don't want just -anyone- to be able to see it. Now, this website does not have any "Login" type of thing. So I can't make it administrater only. So, could anyone help me in how I might hide this archive? (If at all possible, I'd like to avoid just deleting it from the page.) I can provide the novicely made websites, if you want.

It cannot be done with HTML or CSS or Javascript. You need to program a login or password protected system using a server-side language.

Anybody who knows a bit of Javascript can get around Javascript "security"

They just need to look at the source code to find the part that gets executed after comparing the password. Or, if you want to go the long way around, just copy the hashed password and comparing it directly with what is in the code.