Stupid question that needs answered.

Kasdraven

an example of that would be:<head><style type="text/css">p { font-size:12px;font-family:Arial;color:#000;}</style></head><body><p>text here</p></body>i don't know if that is what you were asking for, but i can give another example.

If you want to change the text itself (for example"abcd" to "efgh"), I don't think it's possible with CSS. CSS is used to set the appearence of the information, not the information.The only option I can think of is to actually use an image with the text, instead of the plain text, then you could use something like background-image: url(imagewithtext.gif);

<P onmouseover="this.innerHTML='<B>Mouse out to change back.</B>'"    onmouseout="this.innerHTML='<I>Mouse over again to change.</I>'">    <I>Mouse over this text to change it.</I></P>

I'm no css guru either but have been playing around with it.This is what i've been able to come up with so farps it only works in FF and Opera due to the fact that IE only support psuedo on a anchor... :)

<head><style>div span {display: none;} div:hover {color:white}div:hover > span {display: block;color:black} </style></head><body><div>Please mouse over me <span>Hey where did you come from?</span></div></body>

Why do you think you can't use JavaScript? It is always possible..If you really want to be able to replace some words on your page, you should consider learning JavaScript :)

Site restrictions. Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't think i'd be able to do it, just wondering though.

@snowboard01the site restriction is probably set fourth so that people who have disabled javascript for whatever reason (be it fear of malicious code or something else) can still enjoy the site.it's NOT about the inability to execute javascript (as it is handled client side) its about the un-willingness to use JS.

That is indeed the case with some webhosts. Try finding another, that even gives you more than html AND javascript :)Webhosts that alter your files just by restrictions just do s.uck

Edited by Dan The Prof