Okay, what's wrong here?

SmokingMan

I have a simple script to display the title of the link in the status bar instead of the URL. It's just a cleaner way for people to see where they're linking to. It works on other sites but for some reason not on this particular one. The only real difference is that this site's pages have .php extensions since I use PHP to include a menu.Here's the link code:

<a class="gallery-link" href="missy-slideshow.html" onmouseout="return addressMsg('')" onmouseover="return addressMsg('Missy's Slideshow')">here</a>

And here's the script:

function addressMsg(addrMsg)	{	window.status = addrMsg;	return true;}

It should work. Is there something I'm missing here? I've looked at it for so long now I'm going cross-eyed :)

onmouseover="return addressMsg('Missy's Slideshow')"
It's not working because of the single quote in Missy's, it thinks it the end of the line.escape the character and it should work just fine :)
onmouseover="return addressMsg('Missy\'s Slideshow')"

I have removed the apostrophe and tried the "\'" instead, and neither work. I still get the entire URL path instead of the message. Here's a link to the page so you can see the source.

ok, this works

<head><script>function addressMsg(addrMsg) {window.status = addrMsg;return true;}</script></head><body><a class="gallery-link" href="missy-slideshow.html" onmouseout="return addressMsg('')" onmouseover="return addressMsg('Missy\'s Slideshow')">here</a></body>

and more simply (no function required)

<a class="gallery-link" href="missy-slideshow.html" onmouseout="window.status='';return true;" onmouseover="window.status='Missy\'s Slideshow';return true;">here</a>

Well...the first example still didn't work, but the second one does. I don't understand why all of the problems with this page when I use it on other pages with no problem. Oh well :) I do thank you for your help and patience.