Help? PHP Error Messages

TRAGiK

I have no idea when it comes to coding, and my friend emailed me the files for our Member Management System so I could try and get them fixed. It would be great if I could forward the files to someone who knows what they are doing so they can look at it and possibly fix the error. Please message me if you can help or can give some "tips/advice" to help us out. Thank You Our website is- xml.uphero.comMy email-Stone1418@gmail.com

It looks like you didn't set up the software correctly. Look at this error: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'db server' (3) in /home/a4832917/public_html/index.php on line 7 Your database server isn't called "db server". That's a place holder for the actual server name (which is probably just "localhost"). Then there's this error: Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'a4832917'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/a4832917/public_html/index.php on line 10 While it's not going to be able to connect if the server name is wrong, it says you're not using a password. I doubt your database server allows anonymous access. You'll need to review the installation instructions for that software and fill in the required information to have it connect to and use your database.

That's exactly why wrote #2. This is a great place for learners not so much for people that need/want to connect with a coder though I don't know of any policies that preclude that. So, post a specific request for proposal in the general section and ask that interested coders pm you. It probably isn't appropriate to conduct public negotiations in a topic. Good luck.

Edited by niche

I'm not telling you to write code, I'm telling you to read the installation instructions for that software and install it correctly. It wasn't installed correctly. This problem is easy to fix on your own, you can email your code to someone else if you want to but someone else isn't going to know your database server, database name, username, and password. You should know that, and it needs to be filled in inside the code somewhere. I presume the installation instructions tell you where to do that in the code. If you don't know that information then you need to contact your host to get that information before installing the software. This isn't a problem with the code that someone else can fix, this is a problem with you not installing the software correctly.