Criticism DDS1 new look

divinedesigns1

hello, i been working on my site for a while now, and im still not finish as yet i still have a few things to insert into the site, well enough said. criticism my website http://www.divinedesigns1.com all opinions are welcome -_- minus about my coding style, thats not welcome at all

Edited by DDs1

• 2 months later...

The scrolling is too fast and/or too jumpy. Also both items scroll at the same time and you can't read both at the same time -- and you can't click to restart the scroll. The links at the top of the page do not change on mouse hover. Also the read-more link in the body should probably be spaced farther right or on the next line.

Edited by davej

what the person before me said. Change the font too, it's very simple right now.For inspiration, look at other websites that do the same work as you.That's how I started... If you did HTML, can you PM me how you adjusted the sides to match the main body of the site.

• 3 months later...
what the person before me said.Change the font too, it's very simple right now.For inspiration, look at other websites that do the same work as you.That's how I started... If you did HTML, can you PM me how you adjusted the sides to match the main body of the site.
everything is php, i try not to mess with static websites anymore also i prefer to keep it classic with the font

The scrolling is too fast and/or too jumpy. Also both items scroll at the same time and you can't read both at the same time -- and you can't click to restart the scroll. The links at the top of the page do not change on mouse hover. Also the read-more link in the body should probably be spaced farther right or on the next line.
yeah ill work on that later on, working on something else atm, and i appreciate the feed back also

• 3 weeks later...

Ok:

1. Graphics at the top (Black bar for menu) Don't line up all the way along.
  2. Scrolling text too fast
  3. Navigation no hover effect
  4. Some better examples of flyers!!! xD

Ok:
  1. Graphics at the top (Black bar for menu) Don't line up all the way along.
  2. Scrolling text too fast
  3. Navigation no hover effect
  4. Some better examples of flyers!!! xD

4.some better examples of flyers..........i dont create flyers anymore, also dont see whats so funny about this also...........3. didnt want a hover effect..........2. yeah i know, dont have the time to change it, will do once i have some extra time.........1.not suppose to be line up, thats how i wanted it after i align it

If you're trying to convince people that you're a decent web designer, I would advise against using a marquee element or the Comic Sans font. There are much better Javascript-based scrollers that are available, and I've never seen a professional suggest that any of their clients use Comic Sans for anything. It's a question of professional credibility, I can't think of any other font that provokes the reaction that Comic Sans does. I would also suggest a better English translation, for the same reason.

If you're trying to convince people that you're a decent web designer, I would advise against using a marquee element or the Comic Sans font. There are much better Javascript-based scrollers that are available, and I've never seen a professional suggest that any of their clients use Comic Sans for anything. It's a question of professional credibility, I can't think of any other font that provokes the reaction that Comic Sans does. I would also suggest a better English translation, for the same reason.
english translation for what? and i never make the suggestion for my clients to use comic sans, they dont even use that font............the javascript based scrollers ill look up. but thanks for your advise

english translation for what?
The text on the pages, it doesn't read very naturally. Things like this:
From the young stages of his life, it has always brought interest to the Designer on how originality can take place from any individual.
Some are just grammar mistakes, like this:
DivineDesigns1 decided to display all their designed works that was created from the client's needs, wants, and most importantly, on how it would portray them or their business.
"all of their", "was" should be "were", etc

The text on the pages, it doesn't read very naturally. Things like this: Some are just grammar mistakes, like this: "all of their", "was" should be "were", etc
oh, ill get that fix asap thanks