adding to URL from text box

gary1503

I’m very new to java script and spent about 12 hours searching the web and trying different scrip to create a text box with a button. I wanted to add another folder name, from the text box, to the URL. And then, create a new window for the modified URL link. This link assumes a default html at each new folder.Example; the-default-web.com/folder/added-textbox-folder-name I finally found some script that led me in the right direction. I know this is simple for most programmers, but wanted to provide this for newbees like myself. I’d like to save others the long hours. <form name="addfolder"> <input type="hidden" name=" url" value="http://www.the-default-web.com/folder1/"> <input type="text" size=6 name="folder2" value=""> <input type="button" value="Click Here" onClick="link()"> <script> function link(){window.open((document.addfolder.url.value + document.addfolder.folder2.value), "windowname", "status=no,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=600,height=500");return false} </script></form>

• 4 weeks later...