wamp and windows 7

kingb00zer

Hi my mouse recently died and now I am forced to use a laptop with windows 7 as aposed to my pc with xp with which I ran xampp. I downloaded Wamp today and tried to use it in the same way that I would have xampp however I can not connect, the icon remains orange. What can I do as I wont be able to buy a new mouse for at least a week and really want to get some work done? Also: I have googled this and many responses have something to do with changing ports or something like that.

I have a win7 machine (64 and 32) on which I run wamp. I'd simply try to restart all services. If that doesn't work I'd try an older version of wamp. My experience is that if the fix ain't easy, I probably need to change my approach before I try something more heroic and time consuming.

check your apache error log that is where you can find the reason why your server is not starting. there is common problem of having a port conflict if you have skype installed. to be sure of the problem you should check the error log.

• Like 1