Need help in creating a task/task viewer in html, please

ProSpartan

Can you show your updated code? You are saying submitting to the form and echo'ing that information directly on that page (tasks.php) doesn't show anything? Try adding

var_dump($_POST);

right after the opening <?php tag too.

Okay, so i am now running a php compatable computer. It does not print simple messages like <?php echo "Hello World!"; ?>, nor is it accepting miltiple assignments via $Example = .... , atleast not in gedit, but in Emacs, it does.
If it's really working, and you are loading these pages in your browser over the http:// protocol, over localhost, i.e. http://localhost/tasks.php then it should work to make sure PHP is actually running, open a PHP page that contains just this in your browser, over localhost
<?phpphpinfo();?>

it will be obvious if that worked or not. (it should spew out a bunch of info related to the PHP install)

Edited by thescientist

it seems as though php does not work on red hat 6.0. Does anyone know how to get it running? I had installed all of the packages from the disk.

Edited by ProSpartan

WAMP is for windows you can download of its sibling LAMP which are for linux flavored systems. they include php apache mysql. before you install it you make sure to uninstall any previous installation of any of those.

Why not just do the WAMP that was suggested earlier?
He is running Linux.
I'm installing a RedHat 6 to us for php support, also for a cert in RedHat Sys Admin. I'll let ya'll know when I test to see if it works.
If seemed like the OP was comfortable with installing software himself. If not, then a LAMP stack would the best option, but do as Birbal suggested, and uniNstall any previous instances of A(pache),M(ySQL), P(HP).

okay, i used a windows box and installed EasyPHP, which seems to work. Although, the output from the php on the task input adds "on" right after. I think that is the radio button. Not sure how to fix that to display the id or name.

Okay, i've started a php file to create a database, but i get an error. MySQL Error: Error creating database: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'tasks' Do I need to have admin rights?

you should make a new thread for this, but the first thing I would do, given the error message, is confirm that you have an account with the name user that has access to the database tasks.