View in IE unreadable

dbonser

We have a web page that has a dark background and in IE, the black lettering is on dark background and you can't read it. In other browsers such as Chrome & Firefox, it displays correctly, the box that has the text is white and the lettering is black. My co-web-designer is telling me that Microsoft & Apple do not follow the rules and there is nothing you can do about it. I disagree there has to be a solution. The other day I edited one of the pages and it looked fine white box, black lettering, everything looked fine on my comptuer with all 3 browsers. i go back today and it has reverted back to the text box having the background of the entire web page and so is unreadable. I would like to know --- does IE truly not follow the rules? Is there no solution to this problem? If we change the background does that interfere with php programming? Thank you,Deb

• Like 1

It does follow the rules when it comes to colors and boxes. Your co-designer does not seem to have enough knowledge. If you provide the code we can probably find the mistake.