Sign in to follow this  
Mariamolino

How to make marquee fixed to screen?

I have a marquee on my website (http://blogandthecity.net). I want it to be stuck at the screen. I think it is called "fixed". You know what I mean? Right now the marquee stops at a certain point, but I want it to be the size of the whole screen/website. So I think there are two options: 1. make the marquee as long as possible (However some webpages are longer than others. And I don't know how I can make the marquee longer. I already tried some things) 2. make the position fixed. (I tried to put "position: fixed" in the code, but the result is that the marquee doesn't scroll anymore. So the movement stops. And the marquee doesn't fit the screen either..) Do you know how I can solve this problem? If you need the css style, I will put it here too. Ectually, I am afraid it is not possible. If not, does somebody know how I can let it "fade" away in the screen/white at the end of the marquee?

If you're talking about making it stretch the full width, you can use CSS to set the width to 100%. Using a fixed position, like you found out, means that it doesn't move relative to the rest of the page.