Widths in IE

elementalgrace

Hi!I have the same problem but in height, so if you find out how to fix it can you please tell me how you did it?! Regards,Ida

Do you know, I've managed to fix it so that it displays in both browsers but as per usual I haven't a clue what did the trick. I literally started the table again from scratch and added the code back line by line to see where it was going wrong but I got to the end of the table and it was displaying perfectly.It might be worth trying something like this. I usually do this if I have a problem on one page but it's working on another page elsewhere in the site.I can only assume that I must have missed a closing tag or something somewhere (my eyes go a bit quiffy at 2am when I've been staring at a screen all day!) but it does seem odd that FF let me do it but IE didn't. Shrugs. I have an old version from when it wasn't working so I'll go back through it when I'm less busy and find out where I went wrong.Good luck

Wondering this time if anyone knows much about widths in IE and how the way IE interprets widths differs from the way FF does and why this would make a table jump out of its div???
Yeah, I think the algorithm that IE uses for determining an element's dimensions goes something like this:
element_width = generate_random(1, requested_width);

Yeah, I think the algorithm that IE uses for determining an element's dimensions goes something like this:
element_width = generate_random(1, requested_width);

I'm beginning to think you're right. Trying to design sites for two browsers that do totally different things is becoming a pain in the ...*ahem*... neck. I'm reasonably competent but for crying out loud - why make things more complex than it needs to be?