Fun with XSL!!

dooberry

Guys,I'm at the end stage of my project and I'm going to use my project to submit data from an xml file into a database.For example if I have this in my xml data:

<object><dataitem>  <id>idvalue</id>  <value>val1</value>  <value>val2</value>  <value>val3</value>  <value>val4</value></dataitem></object>

I want XSL to read the values of the XML document and submit them to a db using ADO.Is there a way of using XSL to post the values of the document to the database or do I have to use script to do it?I was thinking that I might be able to use the xsl:template element to execute the script, but I can see problems with this already (the script won't understand <xsl:value-of> for example!!).If I have to write a page which entirely uses code then I'm ok with it, but I'd prefer to try and be clever with it (HA! wouldn't we all :)).Any donations would be gratefully received.

Well, personally, I would prefer a more classical approach of a server side scripting language. XSLT should be used only as a transforming language. Not to mention that I can't image how would you connect to the database with XSLT without any scripting.