I need to create multiple live video chat rooms

MikeB

I am a begginner, trying to create a revolutionary website that involves the ability for someone to open a live video chat room and talk to 5 other people. I also want people who arent "in" the video chat room, to still be able to view it, even though they wont appear. What are the best ways of going about this? I am familar with some html, I have a basic skelton of the site built, but i need the core of my website which is LIVE video chat room.

• Like 1

Start with the w3school tutorials and post some code.

Edited by niche

There are plenty of people talking about that: http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=build+video+chat+website&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest You'll need your own dedicated hardware and servers to run the software necessary to do that, for starters. Video uses a lot of bandwidth, so you'll need a host that can provide the necessary bandwidth. If you have low-quality video and audio then you can assume maybe 150KB/s per user, so for 5 users that's 750KB/s for a single chat. If there are an additional 5 people watching it then you need 1.5MB/s for the chat. Higher quality video will increase those requirements. If you want 10 chats running at the same time then obviously you're looking at quite a large bandwidth bill.