How to get scrollHeight value from document

Shadowing

Thanks for the responce DarkxPunk. I tried that couldnt get it to turn truetested while scroll bar was active

if (document.height > document.body.offsetHeight) {	   	     return true;	   	    }else{	     	     return false;	    }

What i was trying to do in the first place was trying to see if the body was overflowing but couldnt get that work eitherby setting body to overflow:hidden; Then finding a way to tell if its clipping or not

Is there any other ideas? Cause that method poses a problem for the iOS devices. Since I am testing this on the iPad, the screen.availHeight does not ignore the browser elements. It simply shows the full screen size.

This is a perfect, yet long cross platform solution:

var d = document;function getDocumentHeight(){var mx = Math.maxreturn mx(mx(d.body.scrollHeight, d.documentElement.scrollHeight),mx(d.body.offsetHeight, d.documentElement.offsetHeight),mx(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight));} function getWindowHeight(){if (window.innerHeight){var mn = Math.min;return mn(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight, window.innerHeight)}else if (d.body.clientHeight || d.documentElement.clientHeight){var mn = Math.min;return mn(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight)}}if (getDocumentHeight() > getWindowHeight()){alert("Scrollable");}else{alert("Not Scrollable");}

(Actually I guess I am a lier, does not work in IE 7... Working on a quick fix will update code in a second)(Updated and Fixed)

Edited by DarkxPunk