How to get scrollHeight value from document

Shadowing

Hey guy's i'm having problems getting the scrollHeight from the document. The html tags my main objective though is just to detect rather or not the document scroll bar is active or not. So i dont know maybe someone has another idea cause I dont actually need any numbers returned.

Thanks for the responce DarkxPunk. I tried that couldnt get it to turn truetested while scroll bar was active

if (document.height > document.body.offsetHeight) {	   	     return true;	   	    }else{	     	     return false;	    }

What i was trying to do in the first place was trying to see if the body was overflowing but couldnt get that work eitherby setting body to overflow:hidden; Then finding a way to tell if its clipping or not

Is there any other ideas? Cause that method poses a problem for the iOS devices. Since I am testing this on the iPad, the screen.availHeight does not ignore the browser elements. It simply shows the full screen size.

This is a perfect, yet long cross platform solution:

var d = document;function getDocumentHeight(){var mx = Math.maxreturn mx(mx(d.body.scrollHeight, d.documentElement.scrollHeight),mx(d.body.offsetHeight, d.documentElement.offsetHeight),mx(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight));} function getWindowHeight(){if (window.innerHeight){var mn = Math.min;return mn(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight, window.innerHeight)}else if (d.body.clientHeight || d.documentElement.clientHeight){var mn = Math.min;return mn(d.body.clientHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight)}}if (getDocumentHeight() > getWindowHeight()){alert("Scrollable");}else{alert("Not Scrollable");}

(Actually I guess I am a lier, does not work in IE 7... Working on a quick fix will update code in a second)(Updated and Fixed)

Edited by DarkxPunk