reminder concept in php

satishpoul

i don't think so that i will have to give u much info about this.. because word "REMINDER" says itself everything.so i just want to use this concept in my website.if any activity i want to do after some fix timing say 2 hours. then after 2 hours my website should give me reminder about this.so i m searching some real-time functions to implement this concept if anybody have any idea please suggest me.thank you in advance.

If you want to show the notice when you pull up a page then you need to search through the database for events that are older than whatever threshold you want to use. If you want something else to happen, like it sends an email or whatever, then you need to use a cron job to periodically look for expired events and send a notification.

No, cron is for running code on a certain schedule. You can have that code do whatever you want, like sending an email, but if you want to update your open web page then you need code on that page to check for new notifications and update the page.