How did they manage to build such a website?

baragan

i was browsing dailymail.co.uk which has alot of info only to realise all their pages are in html. how are they able to feed such a website tons of info without it being dynamic. because i thought for such big informative sites normally the pages are either in php, jsp or asp.

• Like 1

men and here i am thinking that i am almost there. web design is freaking wide but without a doubt one day i'll reach there.btw deos it really improve the response time or the overall functionality of their site by using mod rewrite?

prolly used js, ajax or jquery if the pages is html, wouldnt need php to make it look dymanic, it can also be php too :) web design is sexy as ###### i can say sexy right?

As already being said It is not crucial but it is to make things prettier. You can still make a fully functional website or application without them.Mod rewrite comes along with a module of apache. Mod rewrite also involved with regular expression. that is what you would like to learn first. Regular expression is also used in other context like php and JS. so it worths learning it. Being a designer you will hardly interact these backend stuff. but if you plan to do backend development you will need to use them so often.