HTML5 radialGradient problem

davej

• 2 weeks later...

sample code? what edits are you making to the tryit example code? which browser? any errors in the console?

Edited by thescientist

Here is a sample. I think the rule I have been having trouble with is that apparently the "starting circle" must be positioned inside the area of the "ending circle." I thought I was having trouble because of the narrowness of the rectangle, but the rectangle size and proportions are quite irrelevant.

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><title>Radial Gradient by Dave</title><style>#canvas1 {  border: 1px solid #000;}</style><script src="jonerror.js"></script><script>function draw1() {var canvas = $('canvas1');var context = canvas.getContext('2d');context.clearRect(0, 0, canvas.width, canvas.height);var x0 = $('x0').value;var y0 = $('y0').value;var r0 = $('r0').value;var x1 = $('x1').value;var y1 = $('y1').value;var r1 = $('r1').value;var grad = context.createRadialGradient(x0,  y0, r0,  x1,  y1,  r1);grad.addColorStop(0, '#0ff'); // light blue-greengrad.addColorStop(1, '#003'); // dark bluecontext.fillStyle = grad;var xu = $('xupper').value;var yu = $('yupper').value;var w = $('width').value;var h = $('height').value;context.fillRect(xu, yu, w, h); //xupperleft,yupperleft,width,heightcontext.closePath();}function $(id) {return document.getElementById(id);}window.onload = function() {$('btndraw').onclick = draw1;}</script></head><body><canvas id="canvas1" width="800" height="600">HTML5 Canvas is not supported</canvas><br/>X:<input type="number" id="xupper" value="100" step="25"/>Y:<input type="number" id="yupper"value="100" step="25"/>W:<input type="number" id="width" value="600" step="25"/>H:<input type="number" id="height" value="400" step="25"/><input type="button" id="btndraw" value="Draw"/><br/>x-coordinate of the starting circle of the gradient:<input type="number" id="x0" value="300" step="25" /><br/>y-coordinate of the starting circle of the gradient:<input type="number" id="y0" value="300" step="25" /><br/>radius of the starting circle:<input type="number" id="r0" value="2" step="1" /><br/>x-coordinate of the ending circle of the gradient:<input type="number" id="x1" value="200" step="25" /><br/>y-coordinate of the ending circle of the gradient:<input type="number" id="y1" value="200" step="25" /><br/>radius of the ending circle:<input type="number" id="r1" value="200" step="10" /></body></html>

Edited by davej