how to deny acces to website with a speciel browser ect?...

rootKID

yoyo W3 again...i have a question, even when its a stupid one. does anyone knows how to deny acces to a website made with a speciel browser?... like if i where to only wish google chrome users to see my site (as a examble)... is that possible?... -thanks in advance...

Edited by rootKID

true... and i dont wish to... just a question :P... the only thing i know of is about .htacces... but what my question was about was if there was a method made in .PHP?... (maybe me not being more detailed, still working on that part in me :P..)

yeah, i can't imagine anyone blocking an entire browser market from their website. It's really not that hard to support all browsers, even IE6/7.

sorry for a little bit delay dudes, and yeah, i will see into it... but wont use it... more a question so i know's how to do in case of some of my clients wish to do so... example, i had a flower shop last week, and he wished that Opera not could get into he's website... and i did not knew how to do it...so im simply reading up upon it...

Just a quick note $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] is going to give you a nasty little string like Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11 so you will need to employ some regex and tinker with all of the browsers to see exactly what each browser sends as the agent string. Personally, I think it is a terrible idea no matter what reason you provide.