Browser issues

simoncfc

good day, as a novice im sure i will be asking a question that has been asked since web developing can to be. i have created a site (basic) using a Mac pc and all is good the container is set to a decent size (1200px) but when i view it on windows (ie) it becomes distorted in that the header is shorter than the body and so on. now i know some browsers see pages differently but what i want to know is, is there a script or line of code which can be used to allow all browsers to see the sites? any help would be awesome thanks

post-115446-0-41199300-1357661673_thumb.jpg
Rather than guess what you are attempting to describe you might want to simply post a link to it.
i am unable to post a link purely because it is on my localhost server and not live. it is not a difficult process to imagine really, when using local host on my mac the site is fine when i transfer it via usb to a windows machine the site is distorted ie the header is shorter than the width of the body and son on......................................... as previously mentioned i am a novice and therefore need help i have attached a screen shot of my site front page Edited by simoncfc

Is it possible that this has nothing to do with browsers, and a lot to do with different screen resolutions used on your two different monitors?
hmmmm that hadnt occured to me to be fair. still doesnt explain why parts are smaller than others as f it was resolution then the whole page would be affected not just the header and the border size on the leftnav