XSLT Sort problem

antonio.castellon

Hi developers, I have a problem when I try to order an XML data, I spent more than 6 hours with different XSLT combinations and I can't find a solution. :-( it's see stupid and simple thing, but I don't know what is wrong in my code (and konwledge) about xsl:sort,the idea is to sort by the two nodes children's sum , but I can't do it with sum , without sum , ... Please, anybody could help me ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><root>  <match>	<team1><name>A</name></team1>	<team2><name>C</name></team2>	<scores>		<score>		  <team1>0</team1>		  <team2>0</team2>		</score>	</scores>  </match><match>	<team1><name>B</name></team1>	<team2><name>B</name></team2>	<scores>		<score>		  <team1>1</team1>		  <team2>1</team2>		</score>	</scores>  </match><match>	<team1><name>C</name></team1>	<team2><name>A</name></team2>	<scores>		<score>		  <team1>2</team1>		  <team2>2</team2>		</score>	</scores>  </match></root>

I use this next xslt code ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="2.0"><xsl:output method="text" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="no" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"/> <xsl:template match="root"> <xsl:for-each select="match"><!-- this sort HERE is OK ...but it is not the solution that I wanted<xsl:sort select="team1/name"  order="descending" />--><xsl:for-each select="scores/score/team1"><!-- this is the sort with strange problem , I want to order by the values in the deeper childrens --><xsl:sort select="."  order="descending" />[<xsl:value-of select="sum(../*)" />] <xsl:value-of select="." /> - <xsl:value-of select="../../../team1/name" />  </xsl:for-each>   </xsl:for-each>.</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet> 

Thanks in advance ¡¡¡¡ toni

Edited by antonio.castellon