Moving image?

eduard

I must have an image on the homepage of my website www.website2013.site50.net today!I want to have it move! How do I do that? First, downloading a stastistic image and then make it move with JavaScript?Do I have to download the image or copy the URL?I now have the image on my homepage (left), but how do I get it centered with css?

Edited by eduardlid

To get margin: 0 auto; to work it would help if the image was using display: block; as it is by default a inline element, and therefore follow the same rules as text within a parent block element (P, DIV), where you would define text-align: center; to the parent element itself to centre the text within it.

To center the image in CSS, set the left and right margins to auto.
As you can see on the website www.website2013.site50.net the image is at the right place and of course I don't want the image to move but it's content (coral)!

You confuse everyone by mentioning move and javscript, you give the impression you need to move using a type of javascript animation.
That's my lack of knowledge, but I need a reply to my question!

I still don't understand the question. You said this: And you said this: What exactly do you want?
The coral looks 'alive'. Do you understand this?

:facepalm: I think he's talking about animated gif image, like he had on old site with water fall with water movement.
Right! But how do I do that? Is that only possible with Flash or Photoshop? Or can I do anything with JavaScript?

If that is what you want, you should look for an animated gif that already exists. Or you could find a movie clip of some live coral. Select a number of frames and use a tool like PhotoShop to create an animated gif. I don't know any of free or cheap software that will let you do that. FWIW, animated gifs are very old fashioned and make poor substitutes for movies. Maybe you could just embed a YouTube movie. Or you could buy a small movie at istockphoto.com. I found several small movies of coral reefs for $34 each.

If that is what you want, you should look for an animated gif that already exists. Or you could find a movie clip of some live coral. Select a number of frames and use a tool like PhotoShop to create an animated gif. I don't know any of free or cheap software that will let you do that. FWIW, animated gifs are very old fashioned and make poor substitutes for movies. Maybe you could just embed a YouTube movie. Or you could buy a small movie at istockphoto.com. I found several small movies of coral reefs for $34 each.
What about css3 animations?

I think if you are truly interested in web development then the student version of Adobe "creative suite" might be a good idea -- but even the student version is not cheap -- and it has a big learning curve. It would allow you to do a variety of photo-related manipulations including GIF and Flash animations. You absolutely should also invest in a digital camera. Really though, an animated GIF image is not much of an accomplishment. Certainly it is not nearly as important as a good menu design leading to a good selection of interesting material. All I have seen you post is a bare-bones webpage with a resume. That is hardly enough material to keep anyones attention for more than a moment.