Sign in to follow this  
MrFish

Running IF ELSE

Semi-Solved I am trying to follow the MySQL site but I can't get this to work-

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM information_table.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME='db_name' AND TABLE_NAME='communityCustomFeatures' AND COLUMN_NAME='ccf_id');BEGIN;ALTER TABLE `communityCustomFeatures` ADD `ccf_id` ) FIRST;ELSE;ALTER TABLE `communityCustomFeatures` MODIFY `ccf_id` ) FIRST;END IF;

It turns up this error- ------------------ IF EXISTS (

FROM information_table.COLUMNSWHERE TABLE_NAME = 'db_name'AND TABLE_NAME = 'communityCustomFeatures'AND COLUMN_NAME = 'ccf_id' ); MySQL said: b_help.png #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM information_table.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME='db_name' AN' at line 1 ------------------- I cannot figure out why. Edited by MrFish

Looks like I need to create a mysql procedure to do this. I will just do something else in php instead.

First step remove IF EXISTS and here is the actual code (SELECT * FROM information_table.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME='db_name' AND TABLE_NAME='communityCustomFeatures' AND COLUMN_NAME='ccf_id');BEGIN;ALTER TABLE `communityCustomFeatures` ADD `ccf_id` ) FIRST;ELSE;ALTER TABLE `communityCustomFeatures` MODIFY `ccf_id` ) FIRST;