Binding Multiple Hover Animations to Div

plummetingplum

Hi all - My end goal is a static image that, when hovered, will darken slightly and white text will slide up and fade in from the bottom of the frame. But I'm not sure of two things: first, how do I have a single div container/hover "area" trigger both animations, rather than just the top-most one? Second, as the animation stands now, it only triggers when I hover over the image - which has been positioned out of frame so as to make the fade/slide-in animation look right. How can I specify the affected hover area so that it triggers an image to arrive from out of frame? Since I suspect that was really unclear, here's what I've got so far.

#backgroundimg img {	   /* static image background*/position: absolute;top: 0;left: 0;z-index: 2;} #anisquare {		/* dark square that fades in on hover; width and height are same dimensions as my background image */width:293px;height:272px;position: absolute;top:0;left:0;z-index: 3;background:black;opacity:0;transition:opacity .3s;-moz-transition:opacity .3s; /* Firefox 4 */-webkit-transition:opacity .3s; /* Safari and Chrome */-o-transition:opacity .3s; /* Opera */} #anisquare:hover{opacity: 0.38;} #fadingtext {						  /* here's where my confusion starts... */position:absolute;top: 0;left: 0;width: 293px;height: 272px;} #fadingtext img {position:absolute;top: 280px;left: -1px;width: 191px;height: 45px;z-index:4;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease;-moz-transition: all 0.3s ease;-o-transition: all 0.3s ease;} #fadingtext:hover {	opacity: 1;  top: 228px;left: -1px;} 

As it stands, the image only rolls up and appears when I mouse over the image. I would like it to animate when I mouse over the area specified by the #fadingtext div tag. Also, at the moment, both hover animations are mutually exclusive - eventually I want hovering over a single div container to activate both of them. Many, many thanks in advance!!

How are you triggering the effect currently? That portion of the html would makes things a little bit clearer :)If I understand you correctly, you'd want something along the lines of

<div id="fadingtext" onmouseover="your-animation-script">

Edited by Coyote