some help please

hellhound121

hey i am wanting some help, i did ask before. but i didnt get what i wanted, i know now how to do divs etc, but im still having trouble, with stuff like aligning text in boxes, or positioning stuff, i do read the sites but it doesnt work. i just want to be able to make a webpage using CSS. if anyone could help that would be great.

i do read the sites but it doesnt work.
That's not true, what is on the site does work, you just might not be doing it correctly. Here is what you use to align text:http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_text_text-align.aspAnd here is positioning:http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.aspYou can click on any of those links for examples where you can see how it works for yourself. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

What you drew is a 2-column layout with a header and a footer. Take a look at this:http://bluerobot.com/web/layouts/layout1.htmlYou can view the source code on that page to see the HTML (right-click and View Source), and there is a link on the page to see the CSS. The CSS uses a lot of hacks you don't need though, they are trying to support voice styles that aren't exactly supported just yet.And don't listen to your friend. There were many girls in my computer science courses that were very intelligent, and attractive as well. They were more intelligent than a lot of the guys. And they were more attractive than all of the guys. But it takes studying, if you are interested in getting started in web development then the first step is to start experimenting. Save HTML pages on your computer, change the code around, open them in your browser and see what happens when you make changes. If you like it, then you can look into some books, or follow the tutorials online. But don't think that since you're a girl this stuff is beyond you, because it's not. It just takes some understanding.

Thanks, and yeah i do want to do web design, i really like it. im pretty good at the design, i come upwith some nice ideas, but coding them is my porblem, i will look at that link you posted, and please keep these tutorials coming, i like to learn. thankyou so much :)-------kk i just looked at that site, its like what i want to do, but with images, not with html, and stuff like "#Content>p {margin:0px;}#Content>p+p {text-indent:30px;}" i dont really get the stuff like "P+P".

If you want to do it your self, but with our help, I'll make an example that approaches your picture.

<html><head><title>your title here</title><style>/* style statements here, like the one below */.navigation {  background-color:#ababab;  text-align:left; vertical-align:top;  width:200px;}</style></head><body><table><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">text  <a href="link_here0">home</a>  <a href="link_here1">click here</a>  <a href="link_here2">click here2</a></td></tr><tr>  <td class="navigaton">navigation links</td>  <td>content</td></tr><tr>  <td colspan="2">Footer</td></tr></tbody></table></body></html>

Tables work nice, divs even better IMHO. But it's always a good thing to try everything, and then stick with whatever suits you best. Google for tutorials (and browse the W3 pages ofcourse :))For as far as I can see there's tables, classes and divs, all with other ways to arrange them the way you like it. A table looks like an excell sheet, I don't know much about classes, a div is some sort of textbox with pre-defined size, position and fontsettings etc.I already chose to stick with divs before I even typed one piece of code, but you don't know what's easiest before trying everything. There's also frames, but that's a less customizable (and crappier) way to achieve what you're looking for..You can only fail if you don't try, the worst that will happen is finding a hundred ways that don't work (but very often will show you new possibilities in CSS). Also, experiment with an external CSS sheet so you can change all pages by editing one file.