Button Positioning

Kraft

To start off I'm a total beginner but I need one website up and running so I got some questions. Website is simple with background and about 5 buttons which are done in Photoshop and which I need to add. Got background done but now I need help with buttons. I'd like to know how could I add them so they would look good on all windows sizes and resolutions. Basically this is what I have in index.html:

<!doctype html><html><title> </title><link rel="stylesheet" href="button.css"><head><style type="text/css">  body{   background-image:url(backgroundx.png);   background-size:cover;</style><p class="button"><a href="#null"></a></p></head><body></body></html>

And this is what I have in css for the button:

.button {  width: 418px;  height: 218px;  background-image: url(soundbutton.png);  background-image: no-repeat;  margin-top: 400px;  margin-left: 800px;}

It works but they get messed up when I resize window and I belive it will look off with other resolutions aswell. Also with this I get one button, how can I display multible buttons? So what I wanna know is how to I position my buttons so they look good on all displays. Thanks :)

For a start you need to put your <p> element within the <body> tag. Why have you got such a large margin on your buttons? Regards, Lab.
Well I just put something so they would fit nicely on my screen. But how would I position them correctly so they would fit to all displays not depending on resolution and whatnot.

Do they need to be that big? and do they need that margin? If not, just take all styles to do with margin and sizes out of your css file and start again. Exactly how do you want your buttons displayed? Up to now you've just said that they are messed up in resolutions. I'm not sure on what you want so I can't go ahead and create something for you. I viewed your site in 1650x1050 resolution which is larger than average and it still creates a vertical scroll bar. Regards, Lab

Edited by Labtec

Yeah they need to be that big, and no the margin is not required. Well the idea is to have like 2 colums of big buttons in the center of website. 2-3 buttons in each column. And how did you view my site? o.o I don't recall telling the adress. Also, would it be possible to get your Skype or something? For better communication :)