How do i make this forum send me an e-mail when submitted

andreamillspaugh

Hi I have this test site that im working on, im just learning html and I what this forum to be able to send me an e-mail when submitted, and when its submitted a new page comes up and says that you forum as been submitted and then it says redirecting to home page. Please Help.

</a></h1>  <form id="form_562594" class="appnitro" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="">	 <div class="form_description">   <h2>Hacking & Programming</h2>   <p>Please If you have some thing to tell us or Idols about the site   please file out this form</p>  </div>	    <ul >  	 <li id="li_1" >  <label class="description" for="element_1">Please tell us what you would  like us to know. </label>  <div>   <input id="element_1" name="element_1" class="element text medium" type="text" maxlength="255" value=""/>  </div>  </li>  <li id="li_2" >  <label class="description" for="element_2">Type Anything here. </label>  <div>   <textarea id="element_2" name="element_2" class="element textarea medium" cols="20" rows="1"></textarea>  </div><p class="guidelines" id="guide_2"><small>NONE</small></p>  </li>  <li id="li_3" >  <label class="description" for="element_3">Upload a File (you do not  have to put a pictures)</label><div>   <input id="element_3" name="element_3" class="element file" type="file"/>  </div>   </li>  <li id="li_4" >  <label class="description" for="element_4">If you have a web site please put it in.(not  needed)</label><div>   <input id="element_4" name="element_4" class="element text medium" type="text" maxlength="255" value="http://"/>  </div>  </li>  	 <li class="buttons">	   <input type="hidden" name="form_id" value="562594" />	      <input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />  </li>   </ul>  </form>  <div id="footer" style="height: 114px">   Generated by <a href="http://www.phpform.org">pForm</a>  <br />   (c) Copyright 2013 Hacking & Programming<br />   <br />   <br />

and here is the test sitehttp://hackingandprogrammingweb.mywebcommunity.org/contactus.html

You will need t use a server-side language such as PHP or ASP.NET to process the submitted data. PHP has a built in mail() function which you can use to send an email. Regards, Labby.

the differences are enormous, seeing as HTML doesn't really do anything, per se. To get an overview of PHP, why not read through the tutorials here in the W3Schools site?

Edited by thescientist

I work with a dude who started out on just HTML and PHP, so I'd usually say get a good grounding on HTML first, then start looking at PHP tutorials. When I say tutorials I mean for the absolute beginner. PHP totally different to HTML in the syntax and the way you use it. I waited over 2 years before learning any PHP and I wish I had started right from the off because it's a great language to use. The possibilities are endless (nearly) :happy0046: . It may only take a few days to get a good understanding on basic HTML depending on the hours you put in then go st.raight ahead with PHP. You may want to look at CSS (Cascading StyleSheets) also as this is the language we use to style our pages. Depends what you want to do first, design a nice looking site with basic functionality or a basic looking site with dynamic functionality. Of course, CSS basics are relatively easy to understand so you could learn this with HTML. I can link you to some pretty good sites regarding HTML and CSS so if you'd like to see them let me know. Any help or advice on how to get setup though and I'll be more than happy to explain. Kind regards, Lab.

Edited by Labtec

I hear varied opinions on this but my own opinion is that I think you should learn to write the code instead of using programs which generate the HTML for you. Dreamweaver is a prime example of this, I absolutely hate it whereas others who have been asked think it's one of the best programs to use. I class it as cheating but thats just me :crazy: Kind regards,Lab.