About "outdated" html codes..?

*Esperanza*

Hey! I'm curious on something that has been bugging me. I read on the html reference guide thingy that certian codes don't work in modern HTML versions...I'd like to know what that means exactly..How do I know what version I'm using, and once I find that out how do I replace the html code to another code that does the same thing? Like the <font></font> tag, it said in the ref that it doesn't work with HTML 7 (I think it's 7)...what does this mean? lol If I make not sense I'm happy to calrify. xD ~ God Bless ~ ~ *Esp

It is actually HTML5 , the latest standard. It is not like that previous version of HTML (version 4) wont work , it is not just best practice. Some of tags from HTML4 also exists in HTML5. some of HTML4 tags are deprecated which are not good to use. It is the DOCTYPE which tells which version and mode of HTML a page is using. html code with wrong DOCTYPE will show errors when you validate it. Deprecation happend because there is other better usage of it or it is not used as likely it should be. <font> tag is depcreated in favor of CSS. It is best preactise to keep seperate the HTML and css. HTML should not be used for styling, only markup. CSS is there for styling. The modern browser does not implemented the HTML5 standard fully some of them may be unavilable or partialy implemented in certain browser. though most of html tags are avilable in modern browser.

Edited by birbal