getAttribute: Style.backgroundImage?

tinfanide

<tr style="background-image: url("background-image.jpg")"></tr>

I wonder how we can get the attribute (url).I'm not sure about it.

document.getElementsByTagName("tr").getAttribute("style.backgroundImage");

1. getElementsByTagName returns a collection, not an element. To access a member of the collection you need an index, like an array index. If you know the index, then its easy. If not, then you need to loop through the collection and search each item for another distinctive property. 2. I'm pretty sure getAttribute returns a single attribute, not an attribute of an attribute. This will work if you want the backgroundImage of the first <tr> :

document.getElementsByTagName("tr")[0].style.backgroundImage;

IF using bytagname you have to identify which tr you are targettingdocument.getElementsByTagName("tr")[n] where n represent the index position it is located at, starting from 0.You use getAttribute("style.backgroundImage"); as getAttribute("style");, but this will return "background-image: url('background-image.jpg')" (corrected double quote conflict), it would be better to use .style.backgroundImage as in document.getElementsByTagName("tr")[n].style.backgroundImage, which return 'url("../and_and1.png")', where can maybe use slice to remove url and brackets.

Sorry to both who've answered me.I should have shown you the whole codes instead of the one that is wrong and that was just typed by me in the example.

Sub a()Dim oIE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorerSet oIE = New SHDocVw.InternetExplorerDim oHTML As HTMLDocumentoIE.Visible = TrueoIE.navigate "http://www.website.com/"While oIE.Busy    DoEventsWendSet oHTML = oIE.documentDim oTr As HTMLTableRowFor Each oTr In oHTML.getElementsByTagName("tr")''' return Null    Debug.Print oTr.getAttribute("Style.backgroundImage")Next oTr End Sub

I think I should have posted it in the VBA forum. Well, but sorry I have started it here.