Symbols

dcole.ath.cx

For my site logo I use a greek D and C but I have found out that it is not understood by some Operating Systems. It turns out that Fedora doesn't like part of this: "~~916;" and in return doesn't inlarge the text to the size I want it.On Windows IE and FF both accept the ~~916; and make it look how I want it to but on Fedora Core 5 (linux) FF does not accept ~~916; and make the text very small (like point 4)so how would you print out the greek D (Delta)... ΔI added ~~ so it wouldn't be changed..---When I edit the file in the Fedora Text editor that highlights HTML it gets messed up after that symbol too, so something is wrong that I need to fix!

Take a screenshot of the symbol and make it an image? It wont work with different text sizes....but I can't really think of a plausible solution. Hmm...

Oh no! not an image!....His site was image free. lol dan you will have to show this to me sometime it sounds like it would look very funny. you could also try getting those charictors using php. i think there was something like char(); or chr(); but i could be wrong.

Well I have something call settings and it allow people to change the colors of my site to any color they want...Most keep it the default color but some change it to white on black because they are viewing my site at late hours and others change it to be more culming (shades of blue...) I could go with a Canvas images, but I can't seem to get it to work. Could someone show me how to use the Canvas tag?

Well, Δ works for all browsers that I've seen. If you are using a strange font though, the first thing you need to do is make sure that Delta is actually part of the font. Keep in mind that if you are using a Greek font, the letter delta is not some character code, if you are using a Greek font the letter delta is probably the letter D.If you are having problems, I suggest you change your font-family to sans-serif or serif and use Δ, that is what the HTML entity for the delta character is.