My topbar isn't at the top of the page...

terryds

Hey, everyone... Can you please help me...My topbar isn't at the top This is the screenshot : 166kfeq.png See that? the black topbar isn't at the top... This is my code CSS

body {margin: 0px;padding: 0px;background: url(files/batthern.png) #FF6600;} .headerwrap {height: 673px;background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #990000, #FF0033);background-color: red;padding: 0px;opacity: 0.7;} .headerwrap:hover {opacity: 1;} .topbar {height: 35px;background-color: black;opacity:1;}

Any suggestions ? P.S. By the way please help me too on opacity

This is my HTML

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"><title>My WebPage</title></head><body><div class="headerwrap"><div class="topbar"><a href="mysite" class="site"><h1>Title Site</h1></a></div></div></body></html>

The margin of H1 is seeping pass the top edge of topbar, trying removing or adjusting this margin. Normally when this happens (collapsing margins) you apply overflow: hidden; to the container element, but! because the container is a fixed height, you would need to adjust the margin and maybe the line-height of h1 tag anyway to vertical align it correctly.

• Like 1

This is my HTML
 <!DOCTYPE html><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"><title>My WebPage</title></head><body><div class="headerwrap"><div class="topbar"><a href="mysite" [b]class="site"[/b]><h1>Title Site</h1></a></div></div></body></html>

just thought id mention, i dont see a class defined as .site in your CSS sheet..maybe this will help..