decrease border size, please help

BoDikens

html { } body { } h1 { border: 2px solid #000000; font-family: 'Courier New';font-size: 75px; text-shadow: -4px 0 6px #707070 ;line-height: 1em; } h1 SPAN { line-height: 1em;margin-left: -2em;text-shadow: -4px 0 6px red;font-size: 25px; } p { padding-left: .2em;text-shadow: -4px 0 6px gray;font-family: 'Courier New'; } How do i decrease the border size so there is less white space?? the border extends too far to the right....Is it possible to use positive margins to decrease white space?? thanks for help

post-145457-0-40535700-1367252346_thumb.jpg

To decrease the stretch of the border, you could give the h1 a specific width. You could also give the h1 a property of:

display: inline-block;

Then remove the negative margin on the span.I'm not aware of any way to decrease the white space with a positive margin, in a way that I think you hope for. However, I think it would be possible to make the h1 width smaller by adding a positive margin to the left or right of the h1/header. That would decrease the white space.

To decrease the stretch of the border, you could give the h1 a specific width. You could also give the h1 a property of:
display: inline-block;

Then remove the negative margin on the span. I'm not aware of any way to decrease the white space with a positive margin, in a way that I think you hope for. However, I think it would be possible to make the h1 width smaller by adding a positive margin to the left or right of the h1/header. That would decrease the white space.

hey thanks a lot..i forgot to use this..it works...thanks again