HTML Email help!

JTeeder

I'm not the greatest at doing HTML codes but have learnt a lot since starting. This leads me on to the problem I'm having. At work we use HTML templates to make up our header and footer and recently I was asked to sort something out so when stuff reply or forward email there's a footer. I thought this was easy enough and adapted the HTML files we already have and used them as a template, all looked good and the job was finished. Now after they've been used a few times it seems that from time to time the reply templet will ignore its setting and go off the original email meaning fonts will change, the size of the writing changes, colours and so on. What I'm hoping someone can help me with is ever advising a way to get the footer to follow its owe setting instead of the original email or to tell me this can't be done. Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry if I didn't use the right terms anywhere. Jordan

Based on what you are telling (if I read it correctly) it seems to be a problem on the user's end. Not everyone will have HTML enabled and email clients various on how it handles or renders html. I get email that are formatted corrent and then I would forward them to my wife in which she sees it differently than I do because of here settings. If the initial email being sent renders correctly then fine but there isn't much you can do when they forwarded to someone else. However, if you find that the initial email works for some clients and not for others then more likely it's has to do what email client that they are using (Outlook, Gmail, etc.).

Edited by newseed

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing you can do is keep it very simple so it will display gracefully if users do not have html view enabled. For those that have it enabled will see it fine. If you want to go the distance then you will need to read up on some articles on what you can do and cannot do. Email program renders html quite differently than browsers. Additional, sometimes the best result is using tables (uhm...yes....I did say tables). Here's some sites that can help you: Test your html for EmailConvert css for EmailEmail Standards Project These are good read:Code HMTL Email NewslettersEmail css Support

Edited by newseed