setting the privileges

jimfog

I have set up a user in my database(using PhpMyAdmin) with certain privileges(SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE)-and he is going to be the web user, the one the php scripts will use to access the database. Do you think that the privileges I have set are OK,,,or is there something also that needs to be done.

Sounds like you're giving someone else access to your DB. Correct?

Do you think that the privileges I have set are OK,,,or is there something also that needs to be done.
Why can't you answer that? Have you given permission for everything the user needs to do, or is there something they need to do that you haven't given permission for?

Why can't you answer that? Have you given permission for everything the user needs to do, or is there something they need to do that you haven't given permission for?
You are right for the questions above? I was just asking due to lack of experience.

Only you can answer that question though. If your code is doing more than selecting, inserting, updating, and deleting then you need more permissions. If it's not doing more, then you don't. MySQL isn't trying to trick you with the permission setup, if you're just doing selects you don't need anything more than select permissions.