Multiple tables updates with 1 query

patchido

Hi, i can't manage to think on how to update 2 tables in 1 same query. here is my context. i have a table called "guias" with a primary incremental key "id" and another field called "guia". the other table called "tblpaqueteria" has "id" a field called "guia_id" (this one matches a record from the other table) and the last field called "Estatus". i get 2 arrays via post method to my php function, one filled with the "guia_id" i want to modify, and another with the "guia" number i want to update the info to. here is my code: $ids = $_POST['ids']; $os = $_POST['os']; $sql = "UPDATE tblpaqueteria SET Estatus = 2 "; $sql .= "WHERE guia_id IN ("; foreach($ids as $id){ $sql .= $id . ","; } $sql = rtrim($sql, ','); $sql .= ")"; this works great, i change the field "Estatus" to the lines i need to, but know i also need to add the $os info to the lines in the other table matching the "id" field. HELP PLZ! THANKS

This might work: UPDATE tblpaqueteria AS t1 JOIN guias AS t2 ON t1.guia_id = t2.id SET t1.Estatus = 2, t2.guia = 2 WHERE t1.guia_id IN (...) That assumes that the IDs in each list match. If you need to update different rows in each table other than how the tables would join then you need to use 2 queries.