xls transform to html and have all the spaces as   so browser can display correctly.

groads2

I have this blob of text in on of the xml strings that I am receiving and transforming to html with xsl 1.0. I need to display it with all the white space preserved in a chromium object. I have read as much as someone can read on the subject of using xsl to transform this to html with the whitespace and tried a lot of those suggestions without getting the html to display correctly in the browser window. I have attached the xml. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Edited by groads2

Well HTML has the "pre" element so write a template that transforms the MessageResponse element into a "pre" element:

<xsl:template match="ns5:MessageResponse">  <pre><xsl:value-of select="."/></pre></xsl:template>

of course making sure the stylesheet declares

xmlns:ns5="https://enroute.com/ctsp/queries/1.0"

on the xsl: stylesheet element.Then all you need is to make sure the template is used, the built-in templates should ensure that, if you write your own make sure you use apply-templates e.g.

<xsl:template match="/">  <html>	 <head>	    <title>Example</title>    </head>    <body>	   <xsl:apply-templates/>    </body>  </html></xsl:template>

Well my suggestion is not to try to convert line breaks to "br" elements but instead simply put the text with the line breaks into a HTML "pre" element as then the browser will render line breaks as line breaks and will not collapse white space as it happens in other elements like the "p" element.