PHP post forms

mcquaye

I want to be able to clear the fields after and when someone sends a form to the server mail. But instead the inpuy remains. even after refresh. This is my coding. How and what do i need to do to resolve this please.... <?php$your_email ='hello@4twentygraphicillusions.com';$errors = '';$name = '';$visitor_email = '';$subject = '';$user_message = ''; if(isset($_POST['submit'])){ $name = $_POST['name']; $visitor_email = $_POST['email']; $subject = $_POST['subject']; $user_message = $_POST['message']; //send the email $to = $your_email; $subject="New form submission"; $from = $your_email; $ip = isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : ''; $body = "A user $name submitted the contact form:\n". "Name: $name \n". "Email: $visitor_email \n". "Subject: $subject \n". "Message: \n ". "$user_message\n". "IP: $ip\n"; $headers = "From: $from \r\n"; if(mail($to, $subject, $body,$headers)){ $confirm = "<span id='confirm'>We've received your message. Thank You!</span>"; }else{ $error = "<span id='error'>An error occured</span>"; } } ?>

If you're printing out the submitted values when you write the form again, then remove the code that prints the values. If you're submitting via ajax then you'll need to add some Javascript to clear the fields.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I want to be able to clear the fields after and when someone sends a form to the server mail. But instead the inpuy remains. even after refresh. This is my coding. How and what do i need to do to resolve this please....
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type.asp
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="Reset Form!">

Should work!

he wants it cleared automatically per his requirements, not manually with the user having to click a button.

Edited by thescientist