server-side validation

jimfog

I know how to perform server validation but just recently a question popped in my mind(triggered by client-side validation ). Is the reason we perform server-side validationonly for the case where js is disabled or it can be useful also when js is enabled(acting as a double check).

You can never tell, from the server side, if Javascript was enabled, so server-side validation must always be performed. Javascript validation is just for the user's convenience. People can also find ways to get around Javascript validation if they want to.

Ok, as you say we always do server-side validation.Suppose server validation finds error indeed in the user submitted data----how these errors going to be communicated back to the user(client mashine), with AJAX...?I am talking about the case where js is enabled of course.

that is up for you application to handle. the response you generate from an AJAX request on the server side, should be meaningful enough for the Javascript to know what to do with it. If you are writing both, then it is entirely up to you how the two shall come to a mutual understanding.

that is up for you application to handle. the response you generate from an AJAX request on the server side, should be meaningful enough for the Javascript to know what to do with it. If you are writing both, then it is entirely up to you how the two shall come to a mutual understanding.
I still have to learn some things about frontend development...