Search Engine Results - Divs

grayed01

I am currently building a website for a local independent pro-wrestling organization. I am at a bit of a stand still when it comes to search results. I am a bit confused how to word up this question, but here it goes: I have good keywords. (for the most part, the site is still a work in progress) Typical search results on Google come up to my page; however they come up to what should be a Div in the main page. Example: http://www.upwprowrestling.com/roster'>http://www.upwprowrestling.com/roster - should be in the middle of the main page (an iframe named i-center on index.html) search results will pop up simply to the address above without the index.html. How can I set it up so search results always show the page as it should be? (http://www.upwprowrestling.com - with my divs and such) If people search for roster, I would like it to open roster.html in the iframe on index.html instead of just showing roster.html in example. I hope I've worded this so it's understandable. If you have criticism on my version of the website you should see the original. (https://sites.google.com/site/upwprowrestling) I think it's safe to say we're making progress. I don't do this for a living, this is my first "professional" website. I am open to criticism, if you have suggestions feel free to leave me a message. Thank You for any help you may give.

I'm not an SEO expert, but I've avoided frames since the late 90s because they cause all kinds of problems. I can't be sure, but I suspect this is one of them. The search engine bots probably do not care that the link to roster.html has a target attribute. They simply index roster.html by itself. What is your motivation for using an iframe instead of separate pages? There may be better solutions.

What is your motivation for using an iframe instead of separate pages? There may be better solutions.
Going with what I know I suppose? I've used frames/i-frames/divs in the past for layouts like this one. In hindsight those were always personal pages, this is my first "professional" page. This is the first time I've really had to deal with SEO. Honestly I chose this particular layout style to match the way "competition" pages appear. (wwe.com and impactwrestling.com) are both fairly similar to the layout I chose to go with. Another reason I chose the layout is faster load times, the only thing that has to load each time is the source of the i-frame I used. Approximately 1/3 of the viewers to my site are DSL or lower quality internet.If anybody reading has better layout solutions I am open. This is only version 1 since I took over the site. I had assumed there was a code or method to tell roster.html (in example again) if found to open as .com with roster.html in the i-frame where it belongs.

Perhaps you are forgetting that browsers cache pages and images. This means that when a browser sees that the address of a resource, like an image, is the same as a resource it has cached, it will load the cached version (almost instantaneously) instead of downloading it again. In a situation like yours, if the content outside the iFrame is consistent across many pages, then reloading it again and again during the same session should not cause a slowdown.

In a situation like yours, if the content outside the iFrame is consistent across many pages, then reloading it again and again during the same session should not cause a slowdown.
So in my case you would just use the same source code over and over again, only modifying the center content? My main concern was a slowdown on the user end but if that's not going to be the case it seems a simple enough solution.

If you have access to PHP, this trick can save you a lot of copy/paste and make updates easier. It does not save download time, but it can save development time. The tutorial focuses on things called banner and footer, but the principle can be applied to any chunk of HTML that you need to use over and over.

Edited by Deirdre's Dad
  • Like 1